This week, for our On the Road With feature, we managed to get one of our guests, Sarah Price, who stayed at the Thistle Cheltenham, to speak to us about her travel experiences and tips for us. Sarah works as a personal assistant to the Offshore Projects director at a renewable energy company-RWE. She is invaluable to a team of 25- managing their diaries, travel, and accommodation and sourcing venues.
1) What is your favorite part about travelling for business?
It adds variety to my week.
2) What’s the first thing you do when you get to your hotel?
I usually arrive in the evening, in which case I’ll get changed and head to the bar to meet with my colleagues.
3) What is the one thing you cannot do without when you’re travelling?
My IPhone. I can access my emails, Internet and make sure my cat sitter has done the necessary.
4) What do you love most about your job?
I work with a great team and no day is ever the same.
5) Room service or eating out?
Eating out every time, unless it’s too late in which case I’ll opt for room service – preferably a Hawaiian pizza
6) What’s the most unexpected experience that has occurred to you on a business trip?
I was recently on 1-day residential conference, ending in a black tie function and forgot my dress. I had 30 minutes to find a suitable replacement!
7) Your number 1 advice for business travelers is…
Always know where you’re going! I’ve been lost too many times to mention attempting to locate my hotel.
For more information about the RWE group, visit their official page.